Monday – Friday
8:00AM to 4:30PM
ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides help to low income households by paying a portion of their heating bills. Households with the lowest income and the highest heating costs receive the greatest benefit. LIHEAP services include:
- Financial aid to pay a portion of heating costs.
- Crisis intervention for no heat situations.
- Negotiations between utility companies and consumers to allow bill payment, thereby avoiding disconnections.
- Referral to weatherization and other human service programs.
Facts About Energy Assistance
- This help is for people of all ages with all types of income and heating fuels.
- You should apply for help before you get a past-due bill or run out of fuel.
- The program will not pay all of your heat costs. You will have to pay for the rest.
- You can apply if you have your heat costs in your rent.
- We can tell you about other help available and how to save energy.
- All information you give us is private.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
Based on 60% SMI or 110%* of federal poverty guidelines, whichever is greater
|Household Size||Annual Income||3 Month Max. Guidelines|
Guidelines Change Annually
The Minnesota Counties of Clearwater, East Polk, Pennington and Red Lake.
Energy Assistance Online Applications will be available September 1, 2023!
See information at the link below on how to apply for Energy Assistance:
To complete the application online use the link below:
Mail, Email, or Fax Applications To:
Inter-County Community Council
ATTN: Energy Assistance Programs
PO Box 189
Oklee, MN 56742
(218)-796-5144 ext 4
Applications must be received or postmarked by May 31, 2023 to be processed for EAP benefits for the 2022-2023 program year. Applications received after May 31 may be eligible for the Weatherization Assistance Program, local funds, referrals, advocacy, etc. Applications denied due to end of program year will be put on the mailing list to automatically receive an application for the next program year.