ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides help to low income households by paying a portion of their heating bills. Households with the lowest income and the highest heating costs receive the greatest benefit. LIHEAP services include:
- Financial aid to pay a portion of heating costs.
- Crisis intervention for no heat situations.
- Negotiations between utility companies and consumers to allow bill payment, thereby avoiding disconnections.
- Referral to weatherization and other human service programs.
Facts About Energy Assistance
- This help is for people of all ages with all types of income and heating fuels.
- You should apply for help before you get a past-due bill or run out of fuel.
- The program will not pay all of your heat costs. You will have to pay for the rest.
- You can apply if you have your heat costs in your rent.
- We can tell you about other help available and how to save energy.
- All information you give us is private.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
Based on 50% SMI or 110%* of federal poverty guidelines, whichever is greater
|Household Size||Annual Income||3 Month Max. Guidelines|
Guidelines Change Annually
The Minnesota Counties of East Polk, Pennington and Red Lake.
Mail Applications To:
Inter-County Community Council
ATTN: Energy Assistance Programs
PO Box 189
Oklee, MN 56742