COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program - CHAPS
What is the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program?
The COVI D-19 Housing Assistance Program provides housing assistance payments to help prevent eviction, prevent homelessness, and maintain housing stability for eligible renters and homeowners. Local administrators will review applications from individuals and families requesting assistance, verify eligibility, and process payments for eligible expenses on behalf of households.
Am I eligible to apply?
To qualify for housing assistance, Minnesota households must meet all of the following criteria:
- Income at or below 300% of federal poverty guidelines, with a preference for those at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.
- Have an eligible expense that was incurred after March 1, 2020 that is past due. Housing assistance funds can only be used for eligible expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
- Be unable to make one or more payments owed because of the public health emergency due to unemployment, illness, or another COVI D-19 related issue.
What expenses are covered?
The program covers past due housing expenses such as:
- Rent payments
- Mortgage payments
- Contract for deed payments
- Manufactures home park lot rents and payments
- Utility payments
- Homeowners Association fees
ICCC serves Clearwater, East Polk, Red Lake, and Pennington Counties. See attachment below for how to apply.
For more information contact our Family Service Department at:
Phone: 218-796-5144 ext 6