Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
The population to be served through this program will include those households considered to be homeless or near homeless and that are in one of the following emergency situations:
- Unable to make necessary mortgage payments, rent and/or utility payments and are facing foreclosure, eviction or utility shutoff.
- Have lost the use of their home due to disasters such as fires, storms and/or floods.
- Forced to leave their homes due to abusive situations.
- Currently living in tents, cars or other inappropriate housing situations.
- May be homeless as a result of mental health problems or recently released from a correctional facility.
- Other barriers that are evident in preventing the participant from becoming self-sufficient.
Direct financial assistance categories for program participants will include:
- Rental Assistance
- Mortgage Payments
- Utility and Security Deposits
- Utility Disconnects
- Child Care
Inter-County Community Council assists participants throughout our entire service area including; Clearwater, Pennington, Red Lake and East Polk Counties. Participants will be required to complete an assessment and also to develop goals for on-going case management. Participation in case management is mandatory in order to be enrolled in the Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program and receive direct financial assistance. If they fit the guidelines, we collect the information and send it on to Tri-Valley Opportunity Council. Final decision is made in collaboration with Tri-Valley with payments being issued from Tri-Valley Opportunity Council. Clients will be enrolled in the program for 6 months with a follow-up done at 12 months and 18 months from the time of exit.
There are no income eligibility guidelines with the Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program. Clients are usually financially assisted in the form of a grant with this program. Occasionally, we may issue a client part of the requested funds in the form of a grant and the rest as a loan.